- Stress is good for our health?
- Stress is bad for our health?
Stress is actually a natural part of life. It’s how our bodies respond to any type of change in our lives – positive or negative.
A promotion at work, vigorous exercise, or doing something fun produces feel-good, healthy stress, while a work or family disagreement, or a missed deadline can result in headache, upset stomach, or other symptoms of illness.
- Do eat plenty of stress fighting foods, such as dark leafy greens, turkey breast, oatmeal, yogurt and blueberries.
- Do get daily exercise and plenty of sleep.
- Don’t use tobacco, caffeine, or alcohol to ease stress.
- Do remember to do the activities you love: reading, listening to music, game night with the family.
- Don’t isolate yourself with TV or the internet – this can make you feel even more stressed out
Choose one of the above do’s or don’ts this week, notice what’s different for you, and we’ll continue the conversation next time.